The costs of living in a city depend a lot on the area you live in and the town itself, but it mostly depends on the comfort level and the number of facilities that your apartment has. When browsing for a rented place, most people consider their budget before anything else, trying to fit their needs in the lowest cost possible.
You may have checked out luxury apartments too, out of curiosity. They look good and all, but the price is seriously high compared to a standard apartment. You probably ended up always choosing the average apartment, because it just sounds more reasonable to pay $1,500 a month instead of $3,500. And you do not have luxurious needs; you just want comfort and convenience at a decent price.
End of discussion, right? Well, what if we tell you that living in a luxury apartment actually has the potential to save you money, instead of being a budget hole?
Here is what to take into consideration when browsing for luxury apartments in your area: most luxury apartment complexes offer extra amenities for their residents. That is where your budget can be more efficiently spent, but it all depends on your lifestyle and how specific you are with your free time activities.
Here are some examples of amenities that could be included in the price of a luxury apartment:
• Gym membership: present in most luxury apartment complexes, a gym that is so close to your home can be extremely convenient and practical. Considering that gym memberships can get to over $400 a month in some places, having it included in your rent is very good for your wallet. The downside would be that they are usually quite basic and someone who trains passionately may not be satisfied with them.
• Pool club membership: a common pool is also something you can often see in apartment complexes. While it won’t save you a lot of money, you would be eliminating transportation, time spent and the hassle that comes with going to a pool that is not right in the back of your building.
• Movies: some buildings have a movie theater. Yes, you heard that correctly. Check what your rent includes and enjoy the viewing! If you are a cinema goer, this perk can save quite a lot of money. Plus you can easily suggest what to watch next time.
• Tennis club membership: grabbing your tennis gear and just taking the elevator to the tennis club is priceless for some people.
• Sauna and spa: how relaxing is it to enjoy a day at the spa, only to be required to drive yourself at home afterward? Having a sauna and spa center in the building you live in must be an advantage to almost anyone.
• Coffee: when you drink a lot of coffee daily, or you are the type who works on their laptops in a nice, quiet coffee shop, you will appreciate that some apartment complexes have lounge rooms with open coffee bar for their residents.
• Secure parking: when you are the victim of reckless parking or clumsily opened doors that hit your car, you sure learn how to appreciate secure parking. The costs of repairing your vehicle can get high if you are unlucky enough and have your vehicle exposed on the street.
• Washer and dryer: you may think that laundry is not an important expense for someone who is considering living in a luxury apartment, but it actually all adds up to the costs of living.
• Computer room: it might be a niche amenity, but it really makes a difference when you are a student, for example, and have to print out a lot of materials.
These are a few examples of what kind of amenities you can find included in the rent for a luxury apartment. Now, you need to do the math. Do you usually pay for these services anyway? What price do you put on your time and the convenience of having it all in the same building you live in? The results may surprise you, and you might look differently at luxury apartments the next time you browse for a place to live in. It might not be worth it in many cases, but there are gems to be found anywhere if you look long enough. Good luck!